Sunday, September 20, 2015

Resources

Here are some relevant articles to my service:

First day of school inspiration

This is research done by non-CityYear affiliate showing our impact here.

We have started doing a weekly social justice topic. Last week was our first one: Problematic mascots. Taylor is in charge of giving us articles to read, then we discuss them at lunch on Friday. Problematic mascots is relevant to us because Anacostia's mascot is the "Indians" with a big Native American head. Here are the articles we read:

List of 9 inappropriate mascots


CNN Article on Red Skins

I enjoyed all of them, and they are all very different.

I just started watching "Empire," a tv show that my students watch and others have told me to watch. It's good so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment